Thursday, August 21, 2014

Hoosier kitchens appeal to the clean freak in me

In the 1920s and 30s, Hoosier cabinets helped homeowners (read: the woman of the house) to stay organized in the kitchen.  Everything was off the floor allowing easy sweeping and mopping.  (I get a serious case of the willies thinking about spaces under modern-day stoves and refrigerators.)  My dad uses a Hoosier cabinet base and table in his art studio.  Someday I hope to inherit these pieces.






Previously at The Pad: I'd totally live here: Bluff Park
I'd totally live here: Hong Kong
I'd totally live here: Ortega-Vigare adobe
Heck yeah, I'd live here: Echo Park

Other home features:
Newport Beach cottage makeover
Neutra home my idea of heaven
San Diego Cinderella home for sale
One house, three exteriors
Venice home restaged, back on market
Dream midcentury house: 1966 post and beam
Report: Lee Snijders at Home & Garden show 


Photos courtesy of 1924 Hoosier Kitchen, PR Log, Live Auctioneers, Etsy blog, Pinterest, and Gallery Hip