Friday, March 21, 2014

Fierce wig = fierce attitude

I cut five inches off my hair last weekend.  I was overdue for a chop.  My hair stopped looking pretty and started looking witchy two months ago.  This ajumma does not believe in long hair for long hair's sake.  If my hair's going to be long, I want it to be healthy, shiny, and manageable.   

My stylist, an edgy Filipino motorcyclist with blue hair, meticulously clipped my ends for almost two hours. He then dried it in layers resulting in easy, breezy locks that felt 5 pounds lighter.  I love it.  I don't feel like a bootleg high schooler or college kid anymore.

Coincidentally, Glamour magazine (April 2014) recently featured a wig makeover that vividly documents a writer's attitude change (and responses of those around her) with short hair.