Thursday, October 21, 2010

Heaven is a place on Earth?

My idea of heaven is lounging poolside at my midcentury modern home, pet goats moseying on the hillside, while my Korean language tutor (who looks a lot like Daniel Henney) converses with me as he gathers leaves from the pool. Did I mention my language tutor is also my pool boy? At least part of my dream could be a reality for a cool $4,450,000. A renovated 1956 Richard Nuetra-designed home is currently for sale in Pacific Palisades, California. This house features four bedrooms, 2.5 baths, and over 3000 square feet...and a pool.

Besides amazing ocean views, the house includes walls of built-ins, three parking spaces, a fridge (which should have an ice maker that freezes ice cubes of gold for $4 million), and a washer. There's no dryer, apparently. The house sits in a gated community, which I find to be kind of a bummer. Curse you, rich people, for hogging all the best views!

Check out the listing for this lovely midcentury abode over at Take Sunset.