Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hosts go short 'n sassy

A memo must be going around the cable networks instructing male hosts of home design shows to cut their hair. Thom Filicia is a former Queer Eye for the Straight Guy member and current host of Style network's Dress My Nest. Thom is uber talented and welcome at my home anytime. He used to wear a shag atop his head, but recently he's gone clean and short. Thom now looks awesome, but a bit like Rocco DiSpirito which is a little unsettling.

Cool and classy

For the longest time I thought Barry Wood's first name was Merry, which I found kind of hot. Barry's formerly of Trading Spaces fame. He now dazzles home buyers with his Mac laptop by showing them what their dream homes might look after renovation on HGTV's Hidden Potential. Barry's designs on Trading Spaces used to scare me. For that reason he is not welcome in my home at any time. But Barry's got a ton of enthusiasm and a nice face which will take him far in life. I imagine that if Rob Dyrdek had a sweeter, cuter brother who attended art school, it'd be Barry.

Short 'n sassy